WE PROVIDE COMPANY DRIVERS A SPECIALIZED AND UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY
At Deva Jatt’s, we treat our drivers with respect, are concerned about your safety and because of the specialized nature of our business, we pay to put the right person behind the wheel of our well maintained fleet.
If you are at the top of your game and have the experience in heavy haul transport, we want you on our team. Please check below for any current openings or sign up for our mailing list to be notified when a position comes available.
COMPANY DRIVER POSITIONS
Our fleet is diversified and our coverage is a mix of regional and North American markets. We look to hire skilled drivers to man our modern fleet of company-owned trucks. We have a wide range of positions to suit every experience level. Apply in the strictest of confidence.
We are currently seeking:
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license
- Current Commercial Vehicle Abstract
- Current Criminal Record Search
- Proof of citizenship (Birth Certificate, Permanent Residency Card, or Canadian Citizenship)
MPNP Information and Employer Engagement Sessions in Berlin, Germany (May 7-11, 2018)
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program staff will be in Berlin, Germany between May 7th to May 11th along with Manitoba employers to conduct interviews with individuals who meet the candidate assessment criteria and who can demonstrate qualifying skills in Long Haul Transport Drivers (NOC 7511*)
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- May perform emergency roadside repairs
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- On-the-job-training is provided.
- Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational school or community college, may be required.
- A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
- Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification is required for drivers who transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Additional licensing endorsement or certification may be required to drive articulated trucks.
*Long Haul Transport Drivers Operate and drive tractor – trailer (articulated) weighing 4,500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances. Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods. Perform pre-trip and post trip inspections of vehicle systems. Obtain special permits and additional documents to transport cargo on international routes.
To be eligible to participate in an interview you must provide copies of your driver’s license which demonstrates you have the equivalent to a Manitoba Class 1 driver’s license
Eastern European 2018 Candidate Assessment Criteria
NOTE: Employers may have additional requirements than listed below which may include additional training, experience or higher language assessments for certain positions.
In addition to receiving a guaranteed offer of employment from a Manitoba Employer, every candidate who would like to be considered under the Skilled Worker Overseas stream must score at least 60 points based on the five factors in order to be eligible.
Age – 21 – 45 (unless otherwise specifically requested by the employer)
Education – Have completed at least a one-year, post-secondary program from a recognized education institution for which you received a diploma, degree or certificate; or have completed specific training for the position you are being selected. NOTE: National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 codes, 7611, 7511, 7521, 1525 and 9524 please see *below regarding education
Work Experience – Have at least 3 years full time employment experience** in the past 5 years related to the occupation for which you are being selected; for NOC 7511, have at least 3 years employment experience* as a Class 1 driver in the past 5 years
Official Languages Proficiency – submit official results*** of an approved language test taken within the past two years showing you achieved scores equivalent to at least CLB/NCLC 5 overall, demonstrating a minimum of L – 5, R – 4, W – 5, S – 5 in each test category (skill area). Use our CLB Language Grid to determine your CLB-equivalent scores.
Adaptability and Settlement Supports – Candidates who demonstrate stronger ties to another province of Canada, through previous employment or previous post-secondary studies in another province may be deemed a retention risk and may not be selected for an interview.